Apple vs Pineapple - Health impact and Nutrition Comparison
Pineapple and apples are found as fresh raw fruits and jams. They are used in manufactured foods or beverages, such as fruit juices or alcoholic beverages. They are used in many food preparations. Apples are one of the most popular and favorite fruits. Their tree is one of the earliest trees to be cultivated. Apples appear even in religious traditions as a mystical fruit and in art. Whereas pineapples are considered an exotic fruit. whereas, now it can be commonly found in any grocery store, but for an expensive price. In European iconography, it was a symbol of welcome and hospitality.
NUTRITIONAL CONTENT COMPARISON
Apple is popular among health-conscious people. They are known to have health-promoting and disease-preventing properties. If we compare their nutritional content, pineapple is richer in vitamins and minerals. It contains approximately 5 times more vitamins and 2 times more minerals than an apple does. It is enough to mention that pineapple contains 11 times more Vitamin C, 5 times more Vitamin B1, and two times more Vitamin B3, 5, 6 than apple. Moreover, it is lower in saturated fats and contains less sugar. The only advantage that Apple has is that it is lower in glycemic index and also it is cheaper. They contain almost the same number of protein, carbohydrates, and fats. If we compare the coverage of our daily needs of vitamins, pineapple covers 3.5 times more of it, and also it covers 6 times more of our daily needs of minerals as it contains more iron, calcium, magnesium, copper, and zinc.
The old adage is true: An apple a day keeps the doctor away. Apple truly has many health benefits and no less does pineapple.
- Whiter and healthier teethBiting and chewing one apple a day reduces tooth decay by lowering the levels of bacteria. (1)
- Prevention of Alzheimer’sStudies showed that its juice has the ability to prevent Alzheimer’s and fight the aging of the brain. (2)
- Protect against Parkinson’sDue to the free radical-fighting power of the antioxidants contained in it, it gives a certain amount of protection against Parkinson’s. (3)
- Curb all sorts of cancersResearch has shown that they can reduce the risk of developing pancreatic cancer by up to 23%. (4)
- Decrease the risk of diabetesThanks to the soluble fiber, contained in this fruit, women who eat at least 1 apple a day are 28% less likely to develop diabetes. (5)
- Reduce cholesterolThey contain soluble fiber that binds with fats in the intestine, which reduces the level of cholesterol in the blood. (6)
- A healthier heartApple skins contain a phenolic compound, which prevents the cholesterol that gets into the system from solidifying on the artery walls. (7)
- Preventing gallstonesTo prevent gallstones, doctors recommend a diet high in fiber. (8)
- Neutralize irritable bowel syndromeTo control the symptoms of irritable bowel, doctors recommend eating apples. (9)
- Boost the immune systemStudies have shown that red apples contain quercetin that can boost and fortify the immune system. (10)
Health benefits of pineapples.
- Age-related macular degenerationPineapples decrease the risk of age-related macular degeneration. (11)
- Asthma preventionPineapples prevent asthma attacks. (12)
- Blood pressure and cardiovascular healthIt is high in potassium and has anti-hypertensive characteristics. It also has protective characteristics for cardiovascular health. (13)
- CancerPineapples can play a protective role from the free radicals, which can cause cancer, as they are a good source of antioxidants - vitamin C and beta-carotene. Research has shown that they contain bromelain and other enzymes that can be used in the treatment of cancer for reducing the side effects. (14)
- DiabetesOne pineapple contains approximately 13g of fiber, which is known to lower the glucose level in the blood. (15)
- Healing and InflammationThe antioxidants present in pineapples reduce overall inflammation in the body. (16)
- SkinSkin damage can be caused by the sun or pollution and pineapple can help fight these skin damages and can improve overall skin texture. (17)
Comparatively, pineapples have a better nutritional profile compared to apples. They have different benefits in different system diseases. Overall, apples are cheaper and more available compared to pineapples which are more of a luxury fruit.
Vitamin and Mineral Summary Scores
Comparison summary table
|Lower in Sugars|
|Lower in Saturated Fat|
|Rich in minerals|
|Rich in vitamins|
|Lower in glycemic index|
|Lower in price|
|Lower in Cholesterol||Equal|
|Lower in Sodium||Equal|
Which food is preferable in case of diets?
|Low Calories diet|
|Low Fats diet|
|Low Carbs diet|
|Low glycemic index diet|
People also compare
All nutrients comparison - raw data values